Monday, September 10, 2012

Er, hi

I'm not very good at beginnings. Who is, though? Everyone says that. I'm not very good at beginnings, I'm really quite good at middles, but I'm even worse at endings than I am at beginnings. I would imagine this could be applied to most things.

Today, somewhere in between dying over my homework and walking to my college's dining hall, I politely asked my brain to please shut up and to please just stop, for like, a second. Just one second. I don't remember the last time my brain listened to me, and this was no exception. I found myself so overcome with this need to start babbling on to anyone who would listen about every inane, minuscule thought process I could conjure up. There are some subjects I consider myself very knowledgeable about, and some that confuse everything in me. Growing up and becoming and adult and doing adult things falls, somehow, into both of those categories.

Somewhere along this thought process, I decided to start this blog.

And, since I really am no good at beginnings, this feels a bit awkward. So here's some background and general information.

Since I turned eighteen this summer, I've been thinking a lot and wondering a lot and feeling happy and feeling really sad, feeling inspired and feeling completely stupid, and most of the time I have no idea what to do with those feelings so I save billions and billions of word documents and never look at them again. But maybe it's better if I have some sort of outlet, some organized way to preserve these thoughts, so that I, as well as (hopefully) others, can look back on them and laugh when we're finally grown up and civilized and doing whatever it is grown up and civilized people do.

I want to chronicle my first year of college in as dignified a way as I can. And since I never get off the internet this is the only way that actually made sense to me.

So welcome aboard? I have some topic ideas for posts lined up, though posting will be sporadic. You're lucky I even made this first post. Sometimes, motivation just happens. Emphasis on the sometimes.

So, since I already told you I'm bad at endings, please accept this ending on my behalf. Until I blog again,

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment